Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Walks with my dad.

So when I was a little girl, my dad used to ask me to go for walks with him in the woods.
I usually didn't feel like it, so I'd moan and groan the whole way. But he'd say the same thing to me every time, "One day you'll remember these walks when I'm gone and you'll wish we could do this." I'd still moan and groan but when I got to be eleven or twelve that kind of sunk in so I stopped complaining on our walks and started freezing little moments on our walks into my memory.

Nowadays my dad and I don't take many walks but today we went on a little walk, but this time it was around an old abandoned building in a nearby town. My dad's been to the building a few times before but this was the first time I've been. I couldn't help but freeze a few of the moments today to cherish later on. But for my readers, here are a few cell phone shots from our day and a picture of dad doing some similar exploring a few months back. Cherish memories with the people that you love, take pictures, and try not to whine and groan along the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment