Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's you I like.

Growing up I was insanely shy and scared of everything, I struggled with self-image from a young age.
But there was this kind, gentle, and wonderful man that I used to watch on TV nearly everyday that told me that I was special, loved, and important. 
That man was Mister Rogers.

(property of the post-gazette)


I grew up without a grandfather, so as odd as this sounds. . . Mister Rogers filled that void for me. I used to carry around a tattered Mister Rogers book before I could even speak fully. I remember going to far away places with Mister Rogers, places far outside of the walls of our home. But most of all, I felt like he was talking directly to me. Tonight I found this picture while lurking the internet and it brought me to tears. So I thought I'd share it with all of you, mostly because just recently I've started to like who I am and you should like who you are as well. 

(property of buzzfeed)
Mister Rogers would have been 85 years old this week, I wish he was still here.
But he left such a legacy and I'm sure he's had a great time with Jesus thus far.
As for me, I'm glad that I was his neighbor. . .



“When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.” --Fred Rogers






No comments:

Post a Comment