Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy.

So I decided to look up the word "happy" in the dictionary and the first definition I came across said the following, "delighted, pleased, or glad".

In our current day and age happiness is often based on material things, status, how many people follow us on whatever social networking website. I've been guilty, I think we all are.
Tonight I saw this picture and it inspired this post.


It hit me in the face, your reality could be someone else's dream for a better day. . .
Your bad day could be the first time the guy sitting next to you has smiled in months.
Your kids could be screaming at the top of their lungs and trying to light the cat on fire, but there's someone out there that would do anything to finally have a child.
Your tiny house looks like a mansion to the man sleeping on the sidewalk.
What I'm getting to here is that if you're waiting for your situation to change in order for you to be happy. . . you'll most likely never get there. CHOOSE JOY.

So when I told one of my close friends that I was writing a blog post about happiness, she sent me this picture of her daughter Alli. I thought it was perfect, as soon as I looked at this picture I felt immediate joy. Little kids get it, their happiness isn't based on anything except the moment. I love that.


Also some of my friends wrote what I think is one of the happiest songs ever, check it out!



Choose joy friends, I know that's hard. 
I'm challenging myself to do the same. 
What's something that makes you happy?

1 comment: