Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

We are instruments.

It's really easy to be negative, bitter, and angry. 
I have a really neat print on my wall of a prayer, it always hits me in the face in the best possible way whenever I look at it. 


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. 
Where this is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light
And where there is sadness, joy. 

O Divine Master, 
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled 
as to console;
to be understood as to understand; 
to be loved as to love. 
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned, 
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
-- Prayer of St. Francis 


It isn't all about us my friends, it's give and take. Everyday we are given choices and situations that give us the opportunity to act in love or to do otherwise. Love someone today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment