Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Family.

So I've realized that I've been wrecked in the best possible way . . . when I first started this blog I never dreamed that it would become more of an orphan advocacy blog than anything else. But God had other plans. . . Since I've been raising money for Lanie for Angel Tree, it's become more and more clear that as a believer and follower of Christ that I need to be outspoken for the orphan. This is exactly where I'm supposed to be, I just know it. Those of you reading this that know me in real life know that I have no problem being outspoken. Recently I've had people close their ears to me and the topic of orphan care/justice, people close to me. I'm learning more and more to brush myself off, say a couple silent prayers, and remind me that it's not about me. . . at all. 

A couple months ago, I read a book called "Orphan Justice" by Johnny Carr. I could quote this book for days. (But I'll let you pick it up yourself, it's worth buying.) If there is one quote that I want every person to read it is this one. 

“Man made orphanages for children, but God made the family for children… As followers of Jesus we cannot be satisfied with children living in orphanages as a long-term solution.” -Johnny Carr 

Let that sink in for a minute. .

I'm lucky enough to have been introduced to some incredible people that not only advocate for the orphan. . . they make them part of their family. Children that were once discarded are now beloved sons and daughters, many of their precious faces flood my Facebook's news feed. (I'm even related to some of these precious ones that are orphans no more!). 
I know that Christmas is rapidly approaching and money is tight, but I urge you to support some of these families. Some of these families are in country adopting right now or will be traveling soon. If you can't donate monetarily, pray for these families, or just take a minute to share this blog post. 


The Dobrovits family, these wonderful folks are from my neck of the woods. They are in Eastern Europe currently, adopting a sibling group of 3! It makes my heart so happy knowing that these three will grow up TOGETHER in their new loving home. (Also I have a feeling that I may or may not be asking Carla if I can come over and meet these cuties after they're all settled in.) 
http://reecesrainbow.org/57151/sponsordobrovits-2
The Tam family is traveling very soon to get their sweet girl, Caroline. Look how beautiful she is! Caroline begged for a family to come and bring her home. . . soon Caroline's biggest dream will be coming true. 
http://reecesrainbow.org/60118/sponsortam-2

The Lanz family is adopting Peter, the Lanz's also recently added two precious girls to their family from China. This family also needs help getting a wheelchair accessible vehicle and needs to make some renovations to their home to make it comfortable for their growing family.

http://reecesrainbow.org/63623/sponsorlanz-2


The Dismuke family is bringing home Johanna, there have been some bumps in the road in their adoption journey. . . but now they are SO close to bringing this princess home. 
http://reecesrainbow.org/35800/sponsordismuke

The Robinson family is traveling now! They are adopting three precious ones, they saw Caius' photo and fell in love. They also decided to add sweet Hattie and another kiddo to their family as well, please pray for them on their journey! 

http://reecesrainbow.org/60090/sponsorrobinson-4

The Williams family recently brought home two handsome little guys from Eastern Europe. I personally LOVE this family's story and cannot wait to see photo updates of the two beautiful older kiddos they are bringing home. 

http://reecesrainbow.org/61131/sponsorwilliams

The Mueller Family is working hard and doing numerous fundraisers to bring home Juri. Adoption has been on this couple's heart for quite some time and their journey is just beginning. They have dedicated so much time and effort to have this little boy in their arms and they are raising money for an Angel Tree kiddo WHILE fundraising for their own adoption.

http://reecesrainbow.org/63824/sponsormueller

The Taylor Family is traveling in two weeks to bring home three kiddos from Eastern Europe. Samuel and Sara are biological siblings and will get to start a whole new life together here in the US! The Taylor family also decided to adopt Patience as well. When they heard that Patience was not treated very nicely in her orphanage. . . the Taylor's are SO excited to show Patience what love is all about.
http://reecesrainbow.org/54201/sponsortaylor-3

Last but not least, is Renee's family. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read this family's story via the link below this photo. I read this family's story for the first time this week and me reading it is part of what inspired me to write this post. Renee and her husband are bringing home four little loves, they currently have four at home as well. . . those four are waiting for their new brothers and sisters to come home. Their daughter Moxie, begged them to bring home a brother or sister with Cerebral Palsy like her, so she could teach her new sibling how to the things that she could now do and so that she could share her mama and papa with them. (oh...my heart.)
http://reecesrainbow.org/65949/sponsor3kids


Father to the fatherless, defender of widows—
    this is God, whose dwelling is holy.
God places the lonely in families;

    he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.
But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
Psalm 68:5-6 (NLT)




*For fundraisers that benefit adopting families, visit the link below.*

No comments:

Post a Comment