Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Angel Tree!

**So I know Christmas is a few months away, but I'd like to tell you about something that I'm going to be doing in these upcoming months. So all of you can get excited with me! **

I remember when I was little, the way my heart would skip a beat when I saw wrapped boxes under a tree.
I remember singing "Away in a Manager" with my children's choir at church.
I remember eating Christmas cookies until I was nearly bursting.
But thing I remember most of all have nothing to do with presents or traditions. . . family.
Jesus surrounded me with family, I was loved.


This year through Reece's Rainbow, I get to help a very precious little girl get closer to finding her family.
Every year Reece's Rainbow does a HUGE fundraiser called Angel Tree.

Meet Lanie. This is the little lady I've committed to raise funds and awareness for. Isn't she beautiful?! Look at that little button nose and her tiny glasses. I just want to squeeze her!

Lanie is seven years old and she's living in an orphanage in Eastern Europe. 
She's waiting, waiting to be a daughter. I can't imagine the joy she'll feel when she finally gets a long-awaited hug from her papa and kiss from her mama when she's scared. This precious girl needs the love that only comes from being in a family. 

I've got some really neat fundraising ideas in the works for Lanie during this holiday season. (Including the auction of some one of a kind art pieces!) But I'm open to any ideas you may have.
 Lanie is loved by many people here in the states and I want to urge all you to continue posting her photos and telling people about her.
LANIE IS LOVED. 
I can't wait for the day that I see pictures of her with her future family, safely in her mama's lap. 

***Angel Tree officially starts November 1st. . . If you'd like to have your own Angel Tree child this holiday season or would like to help me in any way email me at emmyxjoy@gmail.com and I can point you in the right direction***





No comments:

Post a Comment